Moving to a new home is always a huge chore and is especially challenging when you own large fish. This is how I moved my koi from Northern California to Southern California... about a 7 hour trip:
1. A 30 gallon clean rubbermaid tub with lid
2. Stress Coat
4. An aquarium bubbler with air hose (aquarium pump)
5. A 50 watt or 100 watt power inverter
6. A large fishing net and extra help!
2. Add stress coat drops. This can be purchased from any pet or fish store.
3. Set up an aquarium bubbler with an air hose to add oxygen to the water. Make sure the air hose is secure and the hose remains submerged in the water. Check the line every few hours to make sure the air hose does not slip out of the water.
4. Cover container with the fitted Rubbermaid lid.
5. Plug a power inverter into the car cigarette lighter and plug in the electric bubbler. I purchased my converter from Radio Shack.
6. When you drive, be careful of bumps and turns... drive carefully and your fish should do just fine!